Ted Neward interviewed me at Javapolis last month, and the video has just been posted:
- Who's your friend? (frog on my shoulder)
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What are you presenting at Javapolis?
- Why are Closures for Java important?
- What are the differences between the two Closures proposals?
- What kinds of problems is your proposal trying to solve?
- Is Java becoming too complex?
- Did Generics add complexity to the Java language?
- Can OpenJDK lead to a fragmentation of the Java platform?
- How does it feel to have your code now splashed out in the open?
- What should I learn to be able to change the Java compiler?
You can jump to any section of the interview, or just skip the whole thing.